Some years ago R and me were lying on the grass following our quarry, a goodly specimen of Menemerus, that kept saltating in search of its quarry. Then our eyes caught sight of a Salticus specimen that was capturing a small earwig and we kept following it to observe the process. R then moved on to a Marpissa mucosa, while I drifted away towards a gorgeous Icius. At the that point for some reason we paused. R pulled my collar and pointed to a Calotes soulfully seated on a bough. I was a bit surprised and asked: So what. She then said: Did you think over my words last night.
I said: Yes, but could only feel the fragile bliss shattered. We are definitely in some delusion. Sometimes I cannot believe that I could be that good.
She said: Grab it when it comes. The bliss already passed when we set at the outdoor table in the restaurant looking at the terrapin.
I said: Give me an year.
She said: Look at the lizard there. A day will come when you will feel like it. It may be worse, you could feel like that Argiope in the dark corner.
I now realize that those words were prophetic.
Search this Blog
- It should be understood that when I point to culture wars in the west it is done from the viewpoint of H interest.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Answers to mahAbhArata question twitter.com/GoodSam6210856… 1 day ago
- As I keep saying what you feel about Trump is besides the point: those targetting him are also enemies of H. Note c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A peculiar head line to give for a relatively unsurprising archaeological find https://t.co/ePYE4fIMwX 1 day ago
- Answers to mahAbhArata question twitter.com/sattucini/stat… 1 day ago
- Mongolica: Knowledge preservation and generation,Bulad Aqa and the like
- Civilizational collapse, complexity, innovation and neomania
- Astronomical experiments: a preliminary look at globular clusters
- Frustrations and ramblings ensuing from Cretaceous amber
- Of lives of men; of times of men-III
- Pattern formation in coupled map lattices with the circle map, tanh map, and Chebyshev map
- Some novel observations concerning quadratic roots and fractal sequences
- Of lives of men; of times of men-II
- Of lives of men; of times of men-I
- The incredible beauty of certain Hamiltonian mappings
- Triangles, Hexes and Cubes
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā
- Godhūmo vijayate
- A note on tales of fratricide, warfare, cannibalism and incest
- The Satija-Ketoja system
- Some simple maps specifying strange attractors
- A rambling talk on the śaiva mantra tradition
- Citrabhānu’s cubes
- Make your own sky map
- A note on Cepheid variables: reproducing the study of the period-luminosity laws
- The apparition of the Scottish surgeon
- The Meru and Nārāyaṇa’s cows: Words and fractals
- Hofstadter and Nārāyaṇa: connections across space and time
- Wisdom from a tag system
- A note on the cow, the horse and the chariot in the Ṛgveda
- Median and pedal triangles and derived fractals: an introductory account
- Mongolica: Chingiz Khan and the rest
- Braided power: a brief note on the last great steppe power: the Mongol-Manchu system
- Means and conics
- The Rāmāyaṇa and a para-Rāmāyaṇa in numbers-II: Evolving early Indo-Aryan warfare