Some years ago R and me were lying on the grass following our quarry, a goodly specimen of Menemerus, that kept saltating in search of its quarry. Then our eyes caught sight of a Salticus specimen that was capturing a small earwig and we kept following it to observe the process. R then moved on to a Marpissa mucosa, while I drifted away towards a gorgeous Icius. At the that point for some reason we paused. R pulled my collar and pointed to a Calotes soulfully seated on a bough. I was a bit surprised and asked: So what. She then said: Did you think over my words last night.
I said: Yes, but could only feel the fragile bliss shattered. We are definitely in some delusion. Sometimes I cannot believe that I could be that good.
She said: Grab it when it comes. The bliss already passed when we set at the outdoor table in the restaurant looking at the terrapin.
I said: Give me an year.
She said: Look at the lizard there. A day will come when you will feel like it. It may be worse, you could feel like that Argiope in the dark corner.
I now realize that those words were prophetic.
Search this Blog
- Beware: Long paste thread with some further comments on ethno-nationalism& the like. https://t.co/SUp0dDj1dk 16 hours ago
- shrI Sehwag is a patriotic crickter unlike entertainer from some other domains of entertainment twitter.com/virendersehwag… 16 hours ago
- Show: a line tangent to circumcircle of a triangle at 1 of its vertices makes angles = to its other angles with the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- The lokamAnya had remarked something along the lines that one of the main problems facing the Hindu was his inabili… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Braided power: a brief note on the last great steppe power: the Mongol-Manchu system
- Means and conics
- The Rāmāyaṇa and a para-Rāmāyaṇa in numbers-II: Evolving early Indo-Aryan warfare
- The square root spiral and the Gamma function: entwined analogies
- Leaves from the scrapbook-2
- A note on the asterisms forming the nakṣatra-s
- Journeying through the fractal slopes of mount Meru with two-seeded recursive sequences
- Some pictures relating to incidence of tuberculosis and AIDS
- Cobwebs on the golden hyperbola and parabola
- bhujā-koṭi-karṇa-nyāyaḥ koṭijyā-nyāyaś ca
- Some personal reflections on Carl Gauss, Bernhard Riemann and associated matters
- The two squares theorem
- Constructing a regular heptagon with hyperbola and parabola
- Infinite bisections required for trisection of an angle
- Sine rugs
- Doubling the cube with ellipses
- A superficial look at national population density and some life history features
- Some biological analogies for certain sociopolitical issues
- The magic of the deva-ogdoad
- Marching onward in the American spring but where to?
- The upper story in a few pictures
- Trigonometric tangles-3: the fractals
- Euler’s squares
- Trigonometric tangles-2
- Śarabha vidhi
- A prefatory narrative
- Trigonometric tangles
- Some visions of infinity from the past and our times
- Āryabhaṭa and his sine table
- Euler and Ramanujan: primes, near integers and cakravāla