Some years ago R and me were lying on the grass following our quarry, a goodly specimen of Menemerus, that kept saltating in search of its quarry. Then our eyes caught sight of a Salticus specimen that was capturing a small earwig and we kept following it to observe the process. R then moved on to a Marpissa mucosa, while I drifted away towards a gorgeous Icius. At the that point for some reason we paused. R pulled my collar and pointed to a Calotes soulfully seated on a bough. I was a bit surprised and asked: So what. She then said: Did you think over my words last night.
I said: Yes, but could only feel the fragile bliss shattered. We are definitely in some delusion. Sometimes I cannot believe that I could be that good.
She said: Grab it when it comes. The bliss already passed when we set at the outdoor table in the restaurant looking at the terrapin.
I said: Give me an year.
She said: Look at the lizard there. A day will come when you will feel like it. It may be worse, you could feel like that Argiope in the dark corner.
I now realize that those words were prophetic.
Search this Blog
- And that for you is the Hubble constant from from current Kilonova detection independently of other methods https://t.co/wM8KiXQ4XP 9 hours ago
- RT @NASAblueshift: @NASAFermi @LIGO @ego_virgo @NASASwift .@NASAHubble, @NASAspitzer, @chandraxray, & @NASANuSTAR looked at the spot and ad… 9 hours ago
- Just look at the amazing energy of the kilonova: the object beside it is its whole host galaxy NGC 4993! twitter.com/NASAblueshift/… 9 hours ago
- RT @LIGO: .@UCBerkeley astrophysicist Dan Kasen explains the #Kilonova and formation of heavy elements in our #GoldenBinary: https://t.co/… 10 hours ago
- Sometime science involves history-making discoveries: This 1 pictures captures such a case https://t.co/ZgJOTbeoJ2 11 hours ago
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā
- Godhūmo vijayate
- A note on tales of fratricide, warfare, cannibalism and incest
- The Satija-Ketoja system
- Some simple maps specifying strange attractors
- A rambling talk on the śaiva mantra tradition
- Citrabhānu’s cubes
- Make your own sky map
- A note on Cepheid variables: reproducing the study of the period-luminosity laws
- The apparition of the Scottish surgeon
- The Meru and Nārāyaṇa’s cows: Words and fractals
- Hofstadter and Nārāyaṇa: connections across space and time
- Wisdom from a tag system
- A note on the cow, the horse and the chariot in the Ṛgveda
- Median and pedal triangles and derived fractals: an introductory account
- Mongolica: Chingiz Khan and the rest
- Braided power: a brief note on the last great steppe power: the Mongol-Manchu system
- Means and conics
- The Rāmāyaṇa and a para-Rāmāyaṇa in numbers-II: Evolving early Indo-Aryan warfare
- The square root spiral and the Gamma function: entwined analogies
- Leaves from the scrapbook-2
- A note on the asterisms forming the nakṣatra-s
- Journeying through the fractal slopes of mount Meru with two-seeded recursive sequences
- Some pictures relating to incidence of tuberculosis and AIDS
- Cobwebs on the golden hyperbola and parabola
- bhujā-koṭi-karṇa-nyāyaḥ koṭijyā-nyāyaś ca
- Some personal reflections on Carl Gauss, Bernhard Riemann and associated matters
- The two squares theorem
- Constructing a regular heptagon with hyperbola and parabola
- Infinite bisections required for trisection of an angle