Some years ago R and me were lying on the grass following our quarry, a goodly specimen of Menemerus, that kept saltating in search of its quarry. Then our eyes caught sight of a Salticus specimen that was capturing a small earwig and we kept following it to observe the process. R then moved on to a Marpissa mucosa, while I drifted away towards a gorgeous Icius. At the that point for some reason we paused. R pulled my collar and pointed to a Calotes soulfully seated on a bough. I was a bit surprised and asked: So what. She then said: Did you think over my words last night.
I said: Yes, but could only feel the fragile bliss shattered. We are definitely in some delusion. Sometimes I cannot believe that I could be that good.
She said: Grab it when it comes. The bliss already passed when we set at the outdoor table in the restaurant looking at the terrapin.
I said: Give me an year.
She said: Look at the lizard there. A day will come when you will feel like it. It may be worse, you could feel like that Argiope in the dark corner.
I now realize that those words were prophetic.
Search this Blog
- The Turkic marUmatta-s humbly accepting the victory of the heathen Mongols under Baiju Noyan (who succeeded Chormag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- How marUnmAda renews itself: green on green: the letter of Sultan Bayazid of the Osmans to Amir Timur. For all his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- A part of the letter of Amir Timur which found its way to the French national library addressed to either Miran Sha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- A Judaic legend regarding Amir Timur the founder of the silsilA-e-gueregen https://t.co/P7rR5DBU6H 3 hours ago
- One of the battle orders deployed by the Mogols. It is a modification of what Timur had laid down in his campaigns. https://t.co/VjmGZSEQcu 4 hours ago
- Residues of squares, sequence curiosities and parabolas galore
- A poll on peoples’ beliefs on reincarnation
- Making of a modern-day mantra-śāstra pamphlet
- Some words on mathematical truth, scientific conviction and the sociology of science
- A note on the least prime divisor sequences of 2p plus or minus 1
- A note on āmreḍita-s in the Ṛgveda and issues of word distribution
- The amazonian banana republic: the strī-rājya in Hindu tradition
- Sītā in the pyre
- A sequence related to prime counting
- Convergence to a palindrome
- A problem from 600 CE and some curiosities of Āryabhaṭa’s kuṭṭaka algorithm
- A brief note on some new developments regarding the genomics of Indians
- The remarkable behavior of a map displaying derived from a simple model for a biological conflict
- A day at school
- Mongolica: Qubilai Khan’s campaign to destroy the Southern Song
- The quotient triangle, the parabola-hyperbola sequence, the remainder triangle and perfect numbers
- Counting primes, arithmetic functions, Ramanujan and the like
- Our auto-discovery of the Möbius and Mertens sequences
- Mongolica: Knowledge preservation and generation, Bolad Aqa and the like
- Civilizational collapse, complexity, innovation and neomania
- Astronomical experiments: a preliminary look at globular clusters
- Frustrations and ramblings ensuing from Cretaceous amber
- Of lives of men; of times of men-III
- Pattern formation in coupled map lattices with the circle map, tanh map, and Chebyshev map
- Some novel observations concerning quadratic roots and fractal sequences
- Of lives of men; of times of men-II
- Of lives of men; of times of men-I
- The incredible beauty of certain Hamiltonian mappings
- Triangles, Hexes and Cubes
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā