1.1) drinking vAruNi beer inadvertantly: Has to have to undergo a new upanayanaM to be ritually fit.
1.2) drinking vAruNi beer intentionally: There is no penance- the death is the only reliever, and one looses that status of a dvija
2) If he touches, receives or gives a beer or a wine, he should drink water boiled with kusha grass for 3 days.
3) If he accidently drinks urine he must undergo a re-upanayanaM.
4) If inadvertantly eats foul-smelling food he is ritually impure until it is entirely excreted.
5)If he eats forbidden meats, mushrooms, or meat from a slaughterhouse he must under go the chandrAyana penance.
6)For meat derived from fowls he must undergo the arduous sAntapana penance.
7)If he eats food tainted by the lick of a cat, dog, rat, mongoose, crow or insects, he should consume a decoction of the brahmasuvarchala plant that will save from their disasterous effects. He can become ritually pure if he vomits those foods.
Search this Blog
- This study looked at Gini coefficients of house sizes (a measure of inequality in the distribution) at archaeologic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- What was the iconography of yima kShaeta the cognate of yama rAjan of the Arya-s? This coin, now apparently lost sh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- RT @Rjrasva: Altai Kai (Turkic Throat Singing) youtube.com/watch?v=sYUTPH… 13 hours ago
- If my survey is right huviShka is the kuShana with the most coins featuring kumAra. Here he is seen seated holding… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Of lives of men; of times of men-III
- Pattern formation in coupled map lattices with the circle map, tanh map, and Chebyshev map
- Some novel observations concerning quadratic roots and fractal sequences
- Of lives of men; of times of men-II
- Of lives of men; of times of men-I
- The incredible beauty of certain Hamiltonian mappings
- Triangles, Hexes and Cubes
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā
- Godhūmo vijayate
- A note on tales of fratricide, warfare, cannibalism and incest
- The Satija-Ketoja system
- Some simple maps specifying strange attractors
- A rambling talk on the śaiva mantra tradition
- Citrabhānu’s cubes
- Make your own sky map
- A note on Cepheid variables: reproducing the study of the period-luminosity laws
- The apparition of the Scottish surgeon
- The Meru and Nārāyaṇa’s cows: Words and fractals
- Hofstadter and Nārāyaṇa: connections across space and time
- Wisdom from a tag system
- A note on the cow, the horse and the chariot in the Ṛgveda
- Median and pedal triangles and derived fractals: an introductory account
- Mongolica: Chingiz Khan and the rest
- Braided power: a brief note on the last great steppe power: the Mongol-Manchu system
- Means and conics
- The Rāmāyaṇa and a para-Rāmāyaṇa in numbers-II: Evolving early Indo-Aryan warfare
- The square root spiral and the Gamma function: entwined analogies
- Leaves from the scrapbook-2
- A note on the asterisms forming the nakṣatra-s
- Journeying through the fractal slopes of mount Meru with two-seeded recursive sequences