The birth anniversary of the dark hero of the yadus dawned. We decided to
recall his awful deeds in course of his momentous life that overlapped with the tumult taking place in the bhArata realms.
-The yadu was born to vasudeva and devakI, who were imprisoned by kaMsa, devakI’s brother.The tyrant kaMsa had been told that devakI’s 8th son will kill him one day.
-devakI’s eighth son was born on a rohiNI aShtTami, and was spirited away by vasudeva to his cowherd friend nanda’s abode. Instead he brought back nanda’s daughter to replace his son.
-kR^iShNa devakIputra’s possible escape still worried kaMsa so he sent a demoness putanA to slay devakIputra. But kR^iShNa slew pUtana instead.
-kR^iShNa then still a child slew effortlessly demons such as triNavarta, aghAsura and dhenuka. -kR^iShNa then subdued the nAga chief kaliya on the banks of the yamuna.
-kR^iShNa’s brother balabhadra, son of rohiNi and vasudeva slew the demon pralamba.
-devakIputra then killed the agents of kaMsa like shankachuda, ariSTa, keshi and vyoma.
-then kR^iShNa and balarAma proceeded to the court of kaMsa, at akrUra’s invitation.
-then the brother advanced to the capital of kaMsa, mathura, and were pitted against the wrestlers chANUra and muShTika, whom they promptly slew.
-then kR^iShna killed kaMsa by suddenly attacking him and restored ugrasena on the throne In course of his varied career the mighty bowman vAsudeva killed a number of powerful adversaries of the yadus. He successively destroyed, after killing kaMsa, kAlayavana, naraka the king of pragjyotiSha and his general mura, paundraka the false vAsudeva, jarAsandha via pANDava bhima, shishupAla during the rAjasUya of yuddhiShThira, shalva the great invader, dantavakra and vidhuratha.
Search this Blog
- RT @boseofjapan: #RashBehariBose had extremely close association with the grandfather of PM Abe of Japan. This is illustrated in my forthco… 18 hours ago
- A note on the least prime divisor sequences of 2p plus or minus 1
- A note on āmreḍita-s in the Ṛgveda and issues of word distribution
- The amazonian banana republic: the strī-rājya in Hindu tradition
- Sītā in the pyre
- A sequence related to prime counting
- Convergence to a palindrome
- A problem from 600 CE and some curiosities of Āryabhaṭa’s kuṭṭaka algorithm
- A brief note on some new developments regarding the genomics of Indians
- The remarkable behavior of a map displaying derived from a simple model for a biological conflict
- A day at school
- Mongolica: Qubilai Khan’s campaign to destroy the Southern Song
- The quotient triangle, the parabola-hyperbola sequence, the remainder triangle and perfect numbers
- Counting primes, arithmetic functions, Ramanujan and the like
- Our auto-discovery of the Möbius and Mertens sequences
- Mongolica: Knowledge preservation and generation, Bolad Aqa and the like
- Civilizational collapse, complexity, innovation and neomania
- Astronomical experiments: a preliminary look at globular clusters
- Frustrations and ramblings ensuing from Cretaceous amber
- Of lives of men; of times of men-III
- Pattern formation in coupled map lattices with the circle map, tanh map, and Chebyshev map
- Some novel observations concerning quadratic roots and fractal sequences
- Of lives of men; of times of men-II
- Of lives of men; of times of men-I
- The incredible beauty of certain Hamiltonian mappings
- Triangles, Hexes and Cubes
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā
- Godhūmo vijayate
- A note on tales of fratricide, warfare, cannibalism and incest
- The Satija-Ketoja system
- Some simple maps specifying strange attractors