The birth anniversary of the dark hero of the yadus dawned. We decided to
recall his awful deeds in course of his momentous life that overlapped with the tumult taking place in the bhArata realms.
-The yadu was born to vasudeva and devakI, who were imprisoned by kaMsa, devakI’s brother.The tyrant kaMsa had been told that devakI’s 8th son will kill him one day.
-devakI’s eighth son was born on a rohiNI aShtTami, and was spirited away by vasudeva to his cowherd friend nanda’s abode. Instead he brought back nanda’s daughter to replace his son.
-kR^iShNa devakIputra’s possible escape still worried kaMsa so he sent a demoness putanA to slay devakIputra. But kR^iShNa slew pUtana instead.
-kR^iShNa then still a child slew effortlessly demons such as triNavarta, aghAsura and dhenuka. -kR^iShNa then subdued the nAga chief kaliya on the banks of the yamuna.
-kR^iShNa’s brother balabhadra, son of rohiNi and vasudeva slew the demon pralamba.
-devakIputra then killed the agents of kaMsa like shankachuda, ariSTa, keshi and vyoma.
-then kR^iShNa and balarAma proceeded to the court of kaMsa, at akrUra’s invitation.
-then the brother advanced to the capital of kaMsa, mathura, and were pitted against the wrestlers chANUra and muShTika, whom they promptly slew.
-then kR^iShna killed kaMsa by suddenly attacking him and restored ugrasena on the throne In course of his varied career the mighty bowman vAsudeva killed a number of powerful adversaries of the yadus. He successively destroyed, after killing kaMsa, kAlayavana, naraka the king of pragjyotiSha and his general mura, paundraka the false vAsudeva, jarAsandha via pANDava bhima, shishupAla during the rAjasUya of yuddhiShThira, shalva the great invader, dantavakra and vidhuratha.
Search this Blog
- A peculiar long-necked archosauromorph reptile Pectodens from the Middle Triassic of East Asia https://t.co/Klb6sFLiD6 13 minutes ago
- Touching concern of the mlechCha-s for the air and women in India: https://t.co/eW7ODFchLa 20 minutes ago
- It is good finally our national heroes are being celebrated twitter.com/DDNewsLive/sta… 24 minutes ago
- And that for you is the Hubble constant from from current Kilonova detection independently of other methods https://t.co/wM8KiXQ4XP 1 day ago
- RT @NASAblueshift: @NASAFermi @LIGO @ego_virgo @NASASwift .@NASAHubble, @NASAspitzer, @chandraxray, & @NASANuSTAR looked at the spot and ad… 1 day ago
- The story of the Orissan cycle-vālā
- Godhūmo vijayate
- A note on tales of fratricide, warfare, cannibalism and incest
- The Satija-Ketoja system
- Some simple maps specifying strange attractors
- A rambling talk on the śaiva mantra tradition
- Citrabhānu’s cubes
- Make your own sky map
- A note on Cepheid variables: reproducing the study of the period-luminosity laws
- The apparition of the Scottish surgeon
- The Meru and Nārāyaṇa’s cows: Words and fractals
- Hofstadter and Nārāyaṇa: connections across space and time
- Wisdom from a tag system
- A note on the cow, the horse and the chariot in the Ṛgveda
- Median and pedal triangles and derived fractals: an introductory account
- Mongolica: Chingiz Khan and the rest
- Braided power: a brief note on the last great steppe power: the Mongol-Manchu system
- Means and conics
- The Rāmāyaṇa and a para-Rāmāyaṇa in numbers-II: Evolving early Indo-Aryan warfare
- The square root spiral and the Gamma function: entwined analogies
- Leaves from the scrapbook-2
- A note on the asterisms forming the nakṣatra-s
- Journeying through the fractal slopes of mount Meru with two-seeded recursive sequences
- Some pictures relating to incidence of tuberculosis and AIDS
- Cobwebs on the golden hyperbola and parabola
- bhujā-koṭi-karṇa-nyāyaḥ koṭijyā-nyāyaś ca
- Some personal reflections on Carl Gauss, Bernhard Riemann and associated matters
- The two squares theorem
- Constructing a regular heptagon with hyperbola and parabola
- Infinite bisections required for trisection of an angle